Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

With every Mother's Day that passes, I grow more and more thankful for my Mama. I'm so grateful that my kids know and love their Nana, just like I do. She is the most giving person you will ever meet. She has taught me by example to put others before yourself. She reads my blog regularly, so Mom, I thank the Lord for you and the lessons you have taught me through the years. You are the best! I love you more than words can say!

My Mother's Day began very early. Daniel had to be at church at 7:30. When I came downstairs to take him, he had fixed me breakfast! I enjoyed a short time with him before we had to leave. When I got home, John let me go back to sleep and he took care of the little ones. After church, we went out to eat at Cici's. John tried to talk me into going somewhere nicer, but I love the cinnamon buns there, and Daniel could get his fill, so I wouldn't have to cook the rest of the day. We then came home and everyone, but John, took a nap. After our naps, Anna took time to go for a walk through the neighborhood with me.

My kids showered me with several thoughtful gifts.

Abbey made this necklace for me at church. She was quite proud of the arrangement of the noodles.

Beautiful isn't it?

Anna and Daniel went together and bought me a 30 minute massage, can't wait to cash that in!!

Imagining 30 minutes of relaxation





With Anna's help, Elijah and Abbey gave me plaster molds of their hands. So precious!

Abbey, of course chose purple for hers

Best of all....hugs!




John, Jr. called me and told me that he was bringing me a Mother's Day card on Thurs.(they usually make me cry; happy tears, that is). Beth called, but I didn't get to talk to her.

I love this job that I believe God has called me to do.  I believe that it is the most important profession a woman can have. It is no small wonder that the thing to which God calls me, gives me the most joy! Though the days are often long, hectic and sometimes stressful I couldn't and wouldn't imagine it any other way. I'm one wonderfully happy, blessed woman!!!

The post-script to this is a huge amount of gratitude to my wonderful husband who works so hard (often unrecognized) to allow me to fulfill my heart's desire. He's God's gift to me in so many ways!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Glenda! What a beautiful family. So very thankful God has allowed our journeys to cross! Thankful to call you friend!

    ReplyDelete