Saturday, May 15, 2010

Finally to the creek

A little ways from my parents' house is a creek. Over the years, everyone has gone down to the creek with Grandaddy. When they are young, they go, throw rocks, and look at an occasional turtle, snake or whatever else might be down there.  When they get older, they take the BB gun and shoot at things in the creek (nothing living, of course). All of my kids have grown up doing so and loving it...except for our, march to my own beat, Abbey. For some unknown reason, she refused to go with Grandaddy to the creek. We have not been able to figure out why, but whenever my Dad tried to get her to go, she said she didn't want to.

Yesterday, we went to visit my parents and my Dad said that one day he wanted to get Abbey to walk to the creek with him. With no explanation, this time she said, "OK!" So off to the creek they went.



Picking up rocks for throwing


Reloading

She didn't want to leave

So, Grandaddy let her get the mail

I tried to get a picture of both of them, but they were more interested in...

The bees in the clover. Abbey squished one on the driveway and said, "I died one."

I did manage to get a good one of Abbey.
(Aren't the roses beautiful! Just like my girl!!)


3 comments:

  1. Abbey is beautiful. The roses are beautiful. But what struck me was the UNC pinafore! That is just funny...and cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Abbey went to the creek with your Dad--I'm sure that made him feel good! (If you were up in PA you'd call it the "crick") :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this brought back a flood of memories for me! I spent countless hours doing much the same at the "crick" that flows right by my grandfather's home in Ohio when I was a little girl! There is nothing like time spent with a grandpa!

    ReplyDelete