Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ladybug, ladybug, fly away home...

Ladybugs are often seen as sort of mascots for Chinese Adoption. The story I heard was that they were brought to the U.S. by the Chinese. Anyway, I've always thought they were cute. One day Abbey and I were talking and she said she had never seen a real ladybug. Well, last Friday, she got her chance.


I found a ladybug as I was vacuuming our den. I called her over and she played with that ladybug for several minutes.


Elijah was also mesmerized


Finally, after I began to fear that I would soon be cleaning up ladybug guts, I suggested that we release the ladybug outside.



The day before, we planted flowers, so I suggested that maybe that ladybug would keep the bad bugs from eating our flowers.
Watering the flowers we planted

Gardner Abbey with her plants

Oh, what fun and what a privilege it is to see the wonder and appreciation for God's creation, displayed by little ones. I wish they would never loose that gift, and I'm so thankful that I get to be a part of it. I want to remember these days!

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me that those pictures in the beginning were taken right after church or some other event and not that you are "that" superMom who dresses her children in adorable matching outfits on an average weekday!:)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Glenda (this is Heidi from the Foshan group)... your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete