Saturday, May 22, 2010

Here We Grow Again!

Our family is adding a new addition. No, not in the way folks may think. We are adding a 28 yr old son, Greg! Our daughter, Beth, and Greg got engaged tonight.

 Beth and Greg

Greg called and talked to John Monday night. I'm very proud of him for doing that. I'm sure it wasn't easy. They had a nice chat and John told him that he felt like he could pass the baton on to Greg; knowing that he would take care of our daughter. They haven't set a date yet.

I am having a little trouble with the thought of being a mother in law. I've just never thought of myself as being someone's mother in law.

When Beth called to tell us, she talked to Abbey. Abbey told her that she had a dress in her closet that Beth could wear, and it even had a crown. We know all princess brides simply must have a crown!

Today is Beth's 25th birthday. This is the first one that I haven't been able to spend with her. That makes me a little sad. It has been twenty five of the shortest years you can imagine. It seems like she should still be asleep in a crib upstairs. She is a gorgeous, accomplished young woman, that I'm very proud to call my daughter. I love you dearly Beth!

And Greg, I'm happy to have you join our wacky family. I hope our loud, mulitgenerational craziness doesn't scare you too much.  I want you to feel comfortable to just jump right in.

(Scroll down the next post to see the an extra picture of Anna and Daniel that a friend took.)

3 comments:

  1. Your son's girlfriend look exactly like you! Congrats to him. I am a few years behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You'll be a great mother-in-law!!! Such a beautiful couple! And your daughter and her fiance are too! :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Beth! Wedding dresses and photographers, here you come...

    ReplyDelete