Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!



My precious Mom celebrated her birthday today. The kids and I went and took her and my Dad to Cracker Barrel(her choice) for lunch. Afterward, we went to their house and had cake and ice cream. My Mom has always been there for me. She gives with complete unselfishness to me and my kids. She is still very much a part of our lives. She cares about every little thing that happens in our lives.  My Mom possesses many talents that are totally foreign to me. She can do just about any type of handicraft you can think of. Her creativity knows no bounds. Growing up, she tried to pass on some of her skills to me, but I always said, "I'd rather go and read a book." So now, I rely on her for so many things. She is hoping that one of her grandchildren will carry on her traditions. Today, for example she made princess and pirate pumpkins with Abbey and Elijah.

Decorating the pumpkins

 I always know that I can count on my Mom to love me no matter what I may do. My kids will tell you she is the best Grandmother(Nana) ever. We all are very blessed to have her as our Mother and Grandmother.




Blowing out her candles-notice the pirate pumpkin


Elijah playing with Grandaddy


Tuckered out after visiting Nana and Grandaddy
(Why can't they both fall asleep at the same time more often?)

Happy Birthday, Mom!! I love you more than words can say!

No comments:

Post a Comment