Friday, October 16, 2009

It's all in the sleep

Thank you for the prayers, today was a much better day in many ways. I've really become convinced that Abbey's behavior (and probably mine also)  is determined by how much sleep we get. This morning she and Elijah did not wake up until 8:45. She obeyed much better and even got to watch some TV. When we went in to get her this morning, she jumped up and said,"Goood morning!!" I knew it was going to be a better day. I was able to get some chores done, because we didn't have anywhere we had to be until 3. Elijah took a nap today(in the crib,even), and Abbey slept in the car going and coming home from Cary. My heart is much lighter tonight.

This is her preferred way to be carried up to bed!

On a different note, if you think about us in the near future, please pray for John's job. It is very slow for a salesman these days, but he does have some prospects that would be mighty nice if they panned out. We know that God will provide, he always has. Tuesday was an example of God's provision.
I got out the clothes that I had bought Elijah and all the wonderful things he had been given. But, there was a little problem or I could say the problem was his littleness. Everything is too big. I was thinking as I went to babysit for MOPS, that I was going to have to break down and buy him some clothes. I hate to buy anything in the stores. Almost everything Abbey wears is from hand-me-downs or consignment sales. Well, God was at work. When I got home that afternoon, there were 2 bags on my front porch. I went to look and saw that there was a note from a neighborhood aquaintance whose little boy had just outgrown 12 month clothes. She had dropped them off hoping that I could use them. I was so excited! Again, God had provided for our needs.

Sitting pretty in one of his new hand me down outfits

Elijah update: He can wave and say,"Bye-bye". I've been pointing to myself and saying, "Mama". Well now, Elijah points to himself and says, "Ma ma ma ma". He plays peek a boo and patty cake. On the negative side, he has started to hit when things don't go as he wants. He wanted me to pick him up today, and started to hit me. I took his hand and sternly said, "No!" He got this solemn look on his face then leaned in and gave me a kiss! This fellow sure does know how to work a Mom's heart already, at the tender age of 19 months. I just love to watch toddlers as they start to do more and more.  It is amazing to me that a child who has heard Cantonese for 19 months can understand some English after less than a month. God's creation is really a marvel.

I saw this type of face more yesterday than today


I'm gonna love you whether you like it or not!


I'm getting out of here before she hugs me again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Glenda, Things will get better. Elijah reminds me so much of Cali when we brought her home. I will continue to pray for you. Hopefully I will get to see you all soon. :-)
    jody

    ReplyDelete